The country's premier daily HUNTING, FISHING & OUTDOOR news in the USA and around the globe. Read whats happening in your neck of the woods & beyond.
Pennsylvania 2022 Trout Fishing Season Opens
Submitted by: TBC Press
Posted on: 04/12/22
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of TBC Press
© 2020 TBC Press - All Rights Reserved Website Design by:
- In addition to a fishing license, trout anglers 16 and older must posses a Trout Permit (or Combination Trout/Lake Erie Permit) to fish for trout.
- A Lake Erie Permit (or Combination Trout/Lake Erie Permit) is also needed to fish for trout, salmon and steelhead in Lake Erie and its tributaries.
- The license shall be kept about the person while fishing and shown upon the request of any waterways or other officer designated by the Commission. In addition to showing the license to the officer, the holder thereof shall, upon demand, establish further identification to the satisfaction of the officer by producing some other positive means of identification.
- Valid Dates – 2022 licenses and permits are valid December 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022 (except 1, 3 and 7-day licenses) and are available beginning Dec. 1, 2021 at issuing agents statewide and online through our secure e-commerce site at huntfish.pa.gov.
- Multi-Year Licenses also available.
Throughout the 2022 season, the PFBC will stock approximately 3.2 million adult trout in 696 streams and 128 lakes open to public angling.
The Pennsylvania 2022 trout fishing season opened April 2nd.
MINIMUM SIZE: Seven (7) inches
FISHING HOURS: 24 hours a day, after the 8 a.m. opener
Regular season (opening day through Labor Day)
Extended season (Jan. 1-Feb. 20) & (day after Labor Day-Dec. 31)