The country's premier daily HUNTING, FISHING & OUTDOOR news in the USA and around the globe. Read whats happening in your neck of the woods & beyond.
The Backcountry Outdoor News reports the latest hunting and, fishing news along with fishing derbies and tournaments
© 2010 Backcountry Press Outdoor News - All Rights Reserved Website Design by:
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of TBC Press
The Department of Natural Resources is very excited to offer this unique hunting opportunity,” said Paul Peditto, Director of the Wildlife and Heritage Service. “Last year was the first time we offered stocked pheasant hunts and the program exceeded our expectations and left those who participated with memories to last a lifetime.”
Pheasants will be stocked at the following locations:
- Allegany County: Belle Grove Wildlife Management Area; Green Ridge State Forest; Warrior Mountain Wildlife Management Area
- Cecil County: Old Bohemia Wildlife Management Area
- Charles County: Chicamuxen Wildlife Management Area; Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area
- Garrett County: Cunningham Swamp Wildlife Management Area; Mount Nebo Wildlife Management Area; Savage River State Forest
- Montgomery County: McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area
- Washington County: Indian Springs Wildlife Management Area
Stock Image courtesy of MN DNR
The Maryland Department of Natural Resources invites all hunters — including junior, apprentice, and lapsed hunters — to apply to participate in this year’s stocked pheasant hunts, which take place November 23-24.
Space is limited at each area to assure a quality experience. All interested hunters must have a DNR ID number and valid Maryland hunting license, and must apply to participate using an online application form. The application deadline is Oct. 18. Participants will be chosen at random via lottery. These do-it-yourself hunts will take place on nine wildlife management areas across the state and two state forests in western Maryland. This is the second year the department is stocking pheasants.
Applications Being Accepted for Maryland 2019 Pheasant Hunts
Submitted by: TBC Press
Posted on: 09/18/19