The country's premier daily HUNTING, FISHING & OUTDOOR news in the USA and around the globe. Read whats happening in your neck of the woods & beyond.
The Backcountry Outdoor News reports the latest hunting and, fishing news along with fishing derbies and tournaments
© 2010 Backcountry Press Outdoor News - All Rights Reserved Website Design by:
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of TBC Press
South Carolina Additional Waterfowl Hunting Opportunity
Submitted by: TBC Press
Posted on: 08/01/19
- Protect and promote our hunting heritage by increasing the number of quality hunting opportunities offered to the public at no additional cost or loss of preference points.
How to participate in the SCWP waterfowl draw hunt opportunities:
- After September 1, complete the quick opt-in registration on the SCDNR waterfowl lottery hunt site. Apply for the SCDNR Waterfowl lottery hunt. Applications will be available starting September 1.
- If you opt-in by registering and you are not selected for a SCDNR lottery hunt, SCDNR will provide the Name, Email, and Phone Number of the primary applicant to SCWP for inclusion in the SCWP lottery process.
- There is no additional cost to the applicant and SCDNR preference points are not affected by any SCWP draw hunt opportunity. SCWP requires that each applicant opting in has successfully completed an approved Hunter Education course prior to any SCWP hunts.
If selected, you will be contacted directly by a SCWP representative.
SCDNR is using an online application system for public hunts that are conducted on a lottery basis. Applications for hunts are entered under the heading "LOTTERY HUNTS" using the internet site. Be sure to have your DNR Customer ID number ready when preparing to apply. Your Customer ID number can be found on any hunting or fishing license issued by the department. If you are an existing customer, do not create a new account. By doing so you will not receive credit for previously accumulated preference points. If you have questions or need any assistance, contact Emily Kearse at 803-734-3887 or [email protected].
Stock Image courtesy of KDWPT
South Carolina hunters can apply starting Sept 1st for the 2019-20 waterfowl draw hunt opportunities. These hunt opportunities are in partnership with the South Carolina Wildlife Partnership (SCWP).
SCWP is a nonprofit organization that was formed by several South Carolina private landowners and outdoor enthusiasts who understand the need for more public access to hunting in our state. In South Carolina, 92% of hunting land is privately owned.
The key goals of the SCWP/SCDNR partnership are to:
- Provide more public access on private lands specifically managed for wildlife.
- Offer additional hunting opportunities for the SCDNR waterfowl lottery hunt applicants while waiting to be selected.