The country's premier daily HUNTING, FISHING & OUTDOOR news in the USA and around the globe. Read whats happening in your neck of the woods & beyond.
The Backcountry Outdoor News reports the latest hunting and, fishing news along with fishing derbies and tournaments
© 2010 Backcountry Press Outdoor News - All Rights Reserved Website Design by:
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of TBC Press
Apply by June 14 for Kansas RESIDENT Big Game Permits
Submitted by: TBC Press
Posted on: 06/10/19
The application deadline is June 14, 2019 for Kansas resident hunters wanting to apply for an elk, either-species/either-sex deer, or antelope permit.
Earlier this year, the Kansas Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Commission voted in favor of moving the resident limited draw deer and elk permit application deadlines to the second Friday in June.
This is the first year application deadlines for either-species/either-sex deer and elk permits will coincide with the firearm antelope application deadline.
Resident hunters can apply online at kshuntfishcamp.com. Fee to apply for an elk permit, or purchase a bonus point, is $11.50. Permit fees are collected from successful applicants only.
2019 Deer Season Dates
- Youth and Disability Season: Sept. 7 - Sept. 15
- Early Muzzleloader Season: Sept. 16 - Sept. 29, 2019
- Archery Season: Sept. 16 - Dec. 31, 2019
- Pre-Rut Firearm Whitetail Antlerless Season: Oct. 12 - Oct. 14, 2019. Any permit that allows the harvest of a whitetailed antlerless deer is valid during this season. Equipment and unit restrictions on permit imposed. Ft Riley Unit CLOSED for pre-rut season. Hunter orange clothing is required.
- Firearms Season: Dec. 4 - Dec. 15, 2019
Extended Antlerless Only Whitetail Season: Jan. 1 - 3, 2020 Valid in Units 6, 8, 9, 10 and 17
Extended Antlerless Only Whitetail Season: Jan. 1 - 5, 2020 Valid in Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 14 and 16
Special Extended Antlerless Whitetail Season Jan. 1 - 12, 2020 Valid in Units 10A(Ft. Leavenworth),12, 13, 15 and 19
ARCHERY Antlerless Whitetail Season: Jan. 13 - 31, 2020 DMU 19 ONLY
2019 Antelope Season Dates:
- Firearms Season: Oct. 4 - Oct. 7, 2019
- Archery Season: Sept. 21 - 29 AND Oct. 12 - Oct. 31, 2019
- Muzzleloader Season: Sept. 30 - Oct. 7, 2019
- Shooting Hours: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
2019 ELK SEASON DATES
Season dates OUTSIDE FORT RILEY
- Muzzleloader Season: Sept. 1 - 30, 2019 (Statewide except Fort Riley, Subunit 2a, and Unit 1)
- Archery Season: Sept. 16 - Dec. 31, 2019 (Statewide except Fort Riley, Subunit 2a, and Unit 1)
- Firearms Season: Aug. 1 - Aug. 31, Dec. 4 - Dec. 15, 2019 and Jan. 1 - Mar. 15, 2020 (Statewide except Fort Riley, Subunit 2a, and Unit 1)
Season dates ON FORT RILEY
- Muzzleloader and Archery Season: Sept. 1 - 30, 2019
- Firearms Season for Holders of Any-Elk Permits: Oct. 1 - Dec. 31, 2019
- Firearms Antlerless First Segment: Oct. 1- Oct. 31, 2019
- Firearms Antlerless Second Segment: Nov. 1 - Nov. 30, 2019
- Firearms Antlerless Third Segment: Dec. 1 - Dec. 31, 2019