The country's premier hunting and fishing daily news
The Backcountry Outdoor News reports the latest hunting & fishing news along with fishing derbies & tournaments from:
© 2010 Backcountry Press Outdoor News - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of The Backcountry Press Outdoor News
British Columbia 2018-19 Limited Entry Hunting Regulations Synopsis
Submitted by: Backcountry Press Outdoor News
Posted on: 04/13/18
Opening date for fall 2018 LEH big game hunting applications will be posted on the BC website at www.gov.bc.ca/hunting. Closing date for 2018 big game hunting applications must be submitted by 11:59 P.M. MAY 25, 2018.
As part of ongoing improvements to hunter services, the Province introduced electronic hunting licences in spring 2017. The old licence booklet will no longer be used for the 2018-2019 licence year. Instead of the paper booklet, your resident hunting licence will be visible on your Fish and Wildlife profle.
You do not need access to your profle while hunting. Conservation Offcers can view your Fish and Wildlife profle on their mobile devices to check your credentials, licences and LEH authorizations.
LEH seasons are introduced where it has become necessary to limit the number of hunters or limit the number, class or sex of animals that may be harvested. The following species of game are available under LEH within certain areas of the province: bison, black bear, caribou, elk, moose, mountain goat, mountain sheep, mule (black-tailed) deer and turkey. All of these species, with the exception of bison, may also be available through a General Open Season (GOS). Although GOS may precede or coincide with LEH seasons for the same species in the same area, the class of animal available during the GOS will often be different from the class of animal available during the LEH seasons.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
- Applications for the main draw (fall hunts) must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Friday May 25, 2018.
Early Skeena Mountain Sheep and haida Gwaii Black Bear Draw
- Applications for the spring draw (Skeena sheep and Haida Gwaii black bear) must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Friday February 8, 2019.
The fee for an LEH application is $6.30, including taxes, and is not refundable. Step-by-step instructions are available on the BC Hunting home page: www.gov.bc.ca/hunting or call FrontCounter BC at 1-877-855-3222 for further assistance
- You will need a credit card for payment.
- You will also need a basic BCeID to use the BC Hunting online system.
APPLY IN PERSON
- at any Service BC, FrontCounter BC or vendor location.
- You will need acceptable photo ID and form of payment (some vendors
- do not accept cheques). Make sure you ask for the offcial Ministry
- receipt which includes the details of your purchase.
- If you are applying for LEH, you will need to bring the hunt code(s) corresponding to the hunt(s) you wish to apply for.
For more information see;
# # #