The country's premier hunting and fishing daily news
BACKCOUNTRY PRESS is the country's premier daily hunting, fishing & outdoor news in the USA, Canada and more. Read whats happening in your neck of the woods & beyond.
For those who provide updated information in the field of hunting & fishing, please don't hesitate to contact us to get your articles added to our site.
The Backcountry Outdoor News reports the latest hunting & fishing news along with fishing derbies & tournaments
© 2010 Backcountry Press Outdoor News - All Rights Reserved
Disclaimer: The views expressed on this site are that of the authors and not necessarily that of The Backcountry Press Outdoor News
Alabama Regular Waterfowl Hunting Season Opens Nov 24
Submitted by: Backcountry Press Outdoor News
Posted on: 10/12/17
- Resident – Annual All Game, $26.60; Small Game, $17.70
- Non-Resident – Annual All Game, $306.25; Annual Small Game, $100.05;
- Ten-day Trip All Game, $189.20; Ten-day Trip Small Game, $61.10;
- Three-day Trip All Game, $133.55; Three-day Trip Small Game, $44.35.
- Federal Duck Stamp - $25.00
- State Duck Stamp - $11.00
All licensed waterfowl hunters are required to complete a Harvest Information Program (HIP) survey and be provided proof of certification with your license. The certification is free but must be available for inspection while hunting.
To properly manage migratory birds, biologists must know migration patterns, harvest and survival rates, and ecological processes. Reporting banded bird recoveries will help provide the needed information. All band reports are very important. Visit www.reportband.gov to report a recovery. Your help will greatly benefit waterfowl.
Image courtesy of MNDNR
Alabama regular 2017-18 waterfowl hunting season for duck and geese opens Nov 24.
- Duck, Coot and Merganser: November 24 - November 25 and December 2 - January 28.
- Geese: October 7 - October 21, November 24 - November 25 and December 2 - January 28.
BAG LIMITS are as follows:
DUCKS: 6 ducks a day and may include no more than 4 Mallards (no more than 2 of which can be female), 3 Wood Ducks, 1 Mottled Duck, 2 Black Duck, 2 Redhead, 1 Pintail, 2 Canvasback and 3 Scaup.
GEESE: SEPT. 1-30 - The total bag limit of 5 dark geese (Canada, White-fronted, Brant) can not include more than 1 Brant. Additionally, a total bag limit of 5 light geese (Snow, Blue, Ross’s) may be harvested per day.
HUNTING LICENSES NEEDED: